Monday, January 10, 2011

Journal 29

Okay, so I am fully aware that the following recommendation is going to make me sound like a typical girl teenager with no decent taste in music who simply listens to mainstream along with everybody else and has no appreciation for real music. That being said, I truly believe that Taylor Swift is for everybody. The sad part is, even as I say it I am mocking myself. It sounds cheesy, but it is true.

Unfortunately, the fact that Taylor Swift's music is so mainstream and accepted as popular makes it virtually just as cool to dislike her as it is to like her. "True music" enthusiasts pride themselves in tearing down mainstream artists and meaningless fluff music that are not truly music. And to the point I can agree with that. However, I am more of a lyric enthusiast myself, and I happen to find Taylor Swift's lyrics to be incredibly helpful and applicable to my own life.

Taylor Swift does write love songs, it is true. Her main intended audience is preteen-teenage girls so of course she is going to write a few of those. But they aren't all just oh no, my life is horrible because he is everything to me and I can't live anymore. In fact most

No comments:

Post a Comment